Some chicks dream of a sporty red number with 4 on the floor. Not me though. This chick dreams of a large red number with sawdust on the floor. Last winter my chickens invaded the barn. Granted, chicken math had been at work on our farm and chicken coop version 2.0 was too small. […]
8-10 chickens, that’s all I wanted. Enough chickens to produce eggs for our household of 8. And absolutely no roosters. I said I was not going to relive my chicken nightmares. But here is our current inventory of outside birds: 17 young chickens – 2 are definitely roosters; I am 80% convinced there are 3 […]
I hate chickens. Which is really unusual since I love most animals, especially birds. With the exception of just a couple of years, I have had some kind of bird my entire life. But chickens are dirty, nasty creatures that poop on their own eggs. And roosters are mean evil things. This hatred clearly stems […]
Looking for a Particular Post?
Most Commented Posts
- We’ve Moved! Welcome to the Tirabassi Farm By Rebecca on June 3, 2013 16
- I Miss Being a Badass By Rebecca on March 4, 2013 14
- My Favorite Herpes Facts By Rebecca on February 20, 2013 13
- Why I Believe in Global Vaccination By Rebecca on February 13, 2013 13
- Another Herpesvirus By Rebecca on April 9, 2014 12
Mother & Scientist
I'm a displaced scientist looking for the science in raising kids and starting a farm.