L. Liebster Award
I am so excited about this for many reasons. This is my first award as a blogger and I have to thank A Short A Day for nominating me! I also feel a special fondness for this award because this award started on a German blog. Liebster is a term of endearment and Germany is one of my liebster countries! I spent about 8 months total in Germany during high school and college years, and they were some of the best times.
A Liebster Award is given to a new blogger and allows the blogger a chance to share some information about themselves. Different Liebster Awards may have different specifics, but they all have 3 general areas. For this Blogging A to Z Liebster Award, I need to tell you 11 things about myself, answer 11 questions posed by A Short A Day and then nominate 11 other bloggers. So here we go!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I love birds, but I hate chickens.
- I have horrible luck when it comes to scratch tickets, drawings and lotteries.
- However I am extremely lucky in life – and I wouldn’t trade this luck for anything.
- I expect too much from people.
- If an electronic instrument is near me for any length of time it will start to behave badly (I have already had to restart my computer while writing this post!)
- I consider myself a farm girl at heart.
- I can’t have Doritos in the house without eating them.
- I have never done any type of drugs.
- It takes me a long time to make friends.
- People say I am very confident, but I am actually very unsure of myself.
- I believe in good.
Now here comes the hard part:
My 11 Questions and Answers
- What three words best describe you? Optimistic, emotional, cheerful
- What life moment brought you the greatest joy? This one was linked with my scariest moment. Number 3 got lost at a water park for about 40 minutes. The only time I have really cried with joy was the moment he was found.
- Why do you blog? Blogging is a way for me to connect to other people. And I just love writing!
- Who influenced you the most? My sister, Helen.
- If you could do one thing in life and not be penalized for it, what would it be? You know, I am not much of a rule breaker (see #8 above). I think I would try to redistribute food and medicine to those who need it.
- If you were stranded on a desert island with three other people, who would you want with you? Why? At first I thought I couldn’t answer this question because there is no way I could choose between my husband and my kids. Then I realized that I wouldn’t want any of them on the island. I would want the kids safe at home with my husband taking care of them. So, first I would choose Jeff Dunham because he could make some puppets and keep us entertained. We are going to need to laugh. Second, I would choose someone who can make music. When we are done laughing we will need some good music to keep us going. Third, I would choose MacGyver of course! Who else would show us how to survive?
- Finish the sentence: “Today is the day I…played with my children.” I hate the days when I get so caught up with doing for them that I never actually enjoy them.
- What does “Strength” mean to you? Strength to me is having the fortitude to deal with life and still maintain an upbeat view.
- What would you do if you had a million dollars? I wouldn’t stop working. I need to work to be happy. And I am pretty practical, so I would pay off our bills and set up college accounts for all the kids. Then I would love to give money to all of our relatives. Is there any left?
- How do you handle disappointment? First, I usually cry, depending on how big it is. I admit it. Then I move on. Deep down I believe in some path for myself and that things will eventually be the way they are supposed to be.
- Why are you participating in the Blogging A to Z Challenge? I find it very hard to not accept a challenge! I also thought it would be a great opportunity to meet other bloggers (which it has been so far).
My Liebster Award Nominees
I didn’t quite follow the rules for this one. I have nominated people who I have “met” through the Blogging A to Z Challenge.
Although I have nominated you, you are under no obligation to accept the award. However, I nominated you because I would love to get to know more about you!
- Rinelle Grey
- Off the Mark
- Be Nice and Follow the Rules
- Son Worshiper
- Lazy Baby Mama
- The Rambling Pages
- Nana Prah’s Blog
- Independent Month
- Off the Merry-Go-Round
- Ruth’s Recipes
- Cheaper by Eleven
If you do choose to accept, here is what you need to do:
- Post the award on your blogs
- Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their site
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you want to pass the award on to
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
My Questions for You
- What is your favorite book/genre?
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
- Cat or dog?
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- What has surprised you the most about how your life has turned out?
- If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- Why do you blog?
- What do you like best about where you live?
- If you could bring only 1 thing with you on a trip, what would it be?
- What is your ultimate vacation?
- If I were to meet you in person, what is the first thing I would notice?