Hunkering Down for the Big Snow!
Whew! It has been quite a week. On top of our normal craziness, 3 kids were home sick from school at different times, we had 3 doctor’s visits (one scheduled, 2 to check for strep), we have a lame horse, both the vet and the farrier came, we got a new dishwasher (woohoo!) and the geriatric beagle can’t seem to hold it through the night anymore. It’s no wonder I didn’t have time to write!
We are now waiting for the first big snow fall of the year and I have to admit, I am looking forward to hunkering down and having some family time at home.
In fact, I was just checking through my hunkering down list:
- Plenty of hot chocolate mix, whipped cream and marshmallows to warm bellies after playing in the snow
- Sleds secured in the garage for quick access
- Barn organized and outside tools and equipment propped up so they don’t get lost in the snow
- Massive amounts of baking supplies (I need to make 9 dozen cookies for various school functions this week. Plus it would be a good time to make our annual gingerbread house.)
- A couple of good books (I don’t have these yet, but I have a Nook I can plug in!)
- Craft supplies/ideas to keep kids busy when they are
driving mestir crazy
Let the storm begin!