A. Animal Addiction
I shared this post on Facebook yesterday:
because this could be me the past few years. What started as a few goats has ballooned into 2 llamas, 2 sheep, 8 goats, 30 chickens, 5 ducks and one wild turkey (that one is not my fault – she just came to live with us). And they are only the outdoor animals.
And we are about to add one more.
On Saturday, Geronimo, the mini donkey, will be joining our circus.
Why a donkey, you ask?
Well, there could be lots of practical reasons:
- Donkeys are great guard animals and he could protect the rest of our menagerie
- They can be comical providing lots of entertainment
- The kids need an animal they can fuss over; the llamas avoid the kids and the goats don’t really like to be brushed
- They are very affectionate and bond well with humans
- They can be trained to pull a cart and might help with our austerity plan
But I must admit, none of these reasons crossed my mind (although I told spouse that he is going to be a guard animal). We are getting Geronimo because someone offered and he is cute. Period.
There could be worse things in life than my animal addiction.
Blogging my way from A to Z as part of the 2016 April A to Z Challenge. Come blog through the alphabet with me.