6 Ways to Ruin an Adolescent Boy’s Life
It seems I have become an expert in this topic lately. At least judging by the number of times in one week I am told I am ruining his life.
Here are the ways I have come up with to ruin an adolescent boy’s life:
- Tell him to stop playing Minecraft. This is by far the best way to ruin his life. Minecraft is his life.
- Show up at school unannounced. Even when parents are invited to school to see a demonstration by the kids, an unannounced “pop-in” by a parent can be life altering.
- Don’t show up at school. It’s tricky to know when #2 applies. As far as I can tell, it all boils down to expectations on his part and how many parents of his friends show up.
- Make him clean the rat cage. Even though it is his rat and he promised to keep the cage clean, it can be like being sentenced to death.
- Tell him to shower, brush his teeth, put on deodorant. Anything that can be construed as hygienic ruins his life.
- Be happy. For some reason nothing irks him more than seeing my bright happy smile (especially in the morning).
Do you have any suggestions? I’d love to make sure I keep making his life more fun.